Utilizza questo identificativo per citare o creare un link a questo documento:
|Titolo:||Use of skeletonized double mammary arteries for emergency/urgency myocardial revascularization in unstable angina: technical aspects and long-term outcome|
|Autori interni:||BONACCHI, MASSIMO|
|Data di pubblicazione:||2004|
|Rivista:||SUPPLEMENTI ALL'ITALIAN HEART JOURNAL|
|Abstract:||Surgical revascularization employing bilateral internal mammary arteries (IMAs) is an excellent procedure in elective surgery, but its role in urgent/emergent procedures is still debating. This retrospective study evaluates the feasibility, safety and surgical early outcomes of employing double skeletonized IMAs in patients with unstable angina (UA) undergoing urgent/emergent revascularization. Methods. From January 1997 to May 2004, 824 patients (491 males, 333 females, mean age 64 ± 12 years) underwent urgent revascularization for UA. Bilateral IMAs were employed in 346 (42%) patients (group B) and isolated and/or saphenous vein grafts in the remaining 478 (58%) patients (group M). There were no significant differences in preoperative risk factors between the two groups (mean EuroSCORE value). Results. Postoperative stay was free from complications in 87% of patients of group B and 91% of group M. In-hospital mortality (group B 5.9%, group M 5.3%, p = NS) and perioperative myocardial infarction (group B 2.2%, group M 1.96%, p = NS), mean coronary care unit stay and total hospital stay were similar in both groups. Actuarial survival at 1, 3, 5 and 7 years was respectively 98.7, 97.5, 96.9 and 96.1% in group B and 99, 93.4, 92.1 and 88.4% in group M (p < 0.05). At a mean follow-up of 6.6 years the event-free survival (p = 0.021) and reoperation-free cardiac survival (p = 0.003) were better in group B. Multivariate analysis identified that age > 65 years (p = 0.01), congestive heart failure (p = 0.001), left ventricular ejection fraction < 35% (p = 0.03), and > 1 ischemic irreversible area (p = 0.02) are negative predictors for reoperation-free cardiac survival. The employment of the left IMA (p = 0.006) and of both IMAs (p = 0.001) were positive predictors for the overall survival and reoperation-free cardiac survival. Conclusions. Our results show that the use of skeletonized bilateral IMAs is associated with an acceptable risk and a lower incidence of postoperative complications in patients with UA, improving late outcomes in this group of patients|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||1a - Articolo su rivista|
File in questo prodotto:
Non ci sono file associati a questo prodotto.
- PubMed Central loading...
I documenti in IRIS sono protetti da copyright e tutti i diritti sono riservati, salvo diversa indicazione.